House of Wolves Release Date: May 19th, 2015
On Wednesday, via a stream on Twitch, we were given an excellent overview of the new Reef by Bungie’s best, which includes, but not limited to, Christopher Barrett, Deej, Gothalion.
The skinny would be that Destiny is about to have a complete and revitalized makeover. From your user experience to your gaming experience, the way you play Destiny is going to change. Even though it was said that there is a possibility of something of Raid quality/caliber being dropped, as of now, there is no new Raid scheduled for the House of Wolves. That being said, there is going to be some tremendous action-packed stuff coming down the pike from Destiny with the House of Wolves expansion. Here at Gamer.Ninja, we have outlined some of the Highlights and Destiny Nuggets in the following.
Notable Highlights after Viewing the Twitch Reveal
This week the gang at Bungie offered us gamers an inside look into the Reef. The Reef will be where the next and latest Destiny adventures occur. Deej is very cool! The central theme to House of Wolves and the Reef would be new perks and new weapons. Guardians can level up to 33 and up to 34 now if they play enough of the endgame. Evidence can be upgraded (any weapon, from release to now) can be upgraded to attack level 365. This is huge when it comes to gameplay and Destiny in general, although we knew it was coming. Still, it is what we have been waiting for.
Some added Reef Items to Note:
- Xur can show up in the Reef
- The Reef will offer Nightfall strikes, Weekly strikes, and more.
Expand your Destiny adventure with a wealth of weapons, armor, and gear to earn in new story missions, three new competitive multiplayer maps, and a new cooperative Strike. Expansion II introduces a new competitive elimination mode in the Crucible and an all-new arena activity – The Prison of Elders. The Reef is open. Join the Awoken and hunt down the Fallen rising against us.
The Reef Explained
No Raid but a great End Game experience with both PVP and PVE. Skill, activity, and nothing the same as we have experienced previously. There are multiple points to the Destiny endgame experience now and many ways to level up. The entire Reef was built from scratch. The Reef is a pirate style and dangerous place. The Reef will include your vault, postmaster, and a self-contained marketplace. The Reef will also offer the “Iron-Banana,” which means Iron Banner. Also, look for a possible ghost hidden somewhere in the Reef. Additionally, Grimoire info will not be any more detailed as it is now within the new release, but it was stated: “at this time.”
Petra Venj – Queen’s Wrath She will bring you through the next journey.
Queen’s Wrath Bounties
New Bounties – New bounties, shaders, awaken ship. Bounties will be returned to the original Tower location.
Al list of the House of Wolves newest bounties:
- Howling Raiders – Howling Raiders, Hall of Whispers, Venus
- Wolf Scavengers – Wanted Wolf Scavengers, Halls of Wisdom, Moon
- Mecher Orbiks-11 – Mecher Orbiks-11, Ishtar Cliffs, Venus
- Drevis, Wolf Baroness – Drevis, Wolf Baroness, Cosmodrone’s Forgotten Shore
- Queenbreaker Vandals – Queenbreaker Vandals, The Cinders, Venus
- Belrik, The Veiled – Belrik The Veiled, Ember Caves, Venus
Prison of Elders
Fallen warden from the House of Judgment is Variks. He is loyal to the Queen and runs the Prison of Elders. Judgment chances will drop from the Prison of Elders. There will be multiple challenges you can do to get drops. The Prison of Elders will weekly reset as usual. You will have the ability to know what you can get when you are playing the weekly challenge. Diversity and variety are essential within the Reef and its drops. Also, you will be able to obtain a full set of Queens’s armor and weapons in the Prison of Elders.
Brother Vance – Disciple of Osiris
Surrounded by solar candles, Trails of Osiris will bring you the ability to buy new rewards, new passages and govern that new multiplayer event. This will offer consumables that will playout with the event, and the event will be offered every Friday and for the weekend and reset on Tuesday.
Destiny Nugget: All vendors will have new stuff.
The New Speaker Offerings
The Speaker becomes huge in trading and buying material now. Speaker is doing material exchanges now. The most significant addition is the ability to exchange between ascendant energy and shards. This will be a one for one trade.
Example of the Speaker Exchange Rates:
- Ascendant Energy – Ascendant Shard
- Ascendant Shard – Ascendant Energy
- 2 Ascendant Shards – 1 Mote of Light
- 1 Ascendant Shard – 250 Glimmer
- 1 Radiant Energy and 50 glimmer – 1 Radiant Shard
- 1 Radiant Shard and 50 glimmer – 1 Radiant Energy
- 2 Ascendant Energy – 1 Mote of Light
- 1 Radiant Shard – 250 Glimmer
Destiny Nugget: The new Hunter gear looks the best. It will offer a wrap that makes you look like a mummy.
Queen’s Wrath Rank 1
- Queen’s Guard Crest (Emblem)
- Crown of the Sovereign (Emblem)
Queen’s Wrath Rank 2
- Rosegold (Shader)
- Prism Dancer (Shader)
- Queen’s Wrath Rank 3
- Pallas Victorious (Shader)
- Imogen’s Fire (Shader)
- Ceres Galliot (Ship)
House of Judgement Rewards and Details
- Reputation Details – Increase notoriety with the House of Judgement by defeating enemies in The Prison of Elders
- Fallen Cores – Obtained by completing Arena Challenges
- Judgment Token – Obtained by opening chests in The Arena, killing Wanted Fallen and increasing reputation with the House of Judgement
- Judgment Chance (Package) – Attire for a change to acquire Prison of Elders rewards. (To purchase this package you need 1 Armor Core and 1 Weapon Core which are confirmed to “drop from the Prison of Elders”)
- Wolfslayer’s Claw (Auto Rifle) – This weapon deal considerate bonus damage to fallen shanks and Kill with this weapon grant bonus damage for a short time (To purchase this you need 1 Weapon Core)
- Kellbreaker’s Gloves (Gauntlets, 42 Light) – Chance to generate an orb when killing Fallen with a melee attack – Increase reload speed with special weapons – Increase grenade throw distance ( To purchase this you need 1 Armor Core
House of Judgement Rank 2
- Coldsnap BKR(Ship) – “A refurbished blockade runner, customized with Fallen House of Winter’s Sigil, given as a trophy to those who brave the Prison of Elders” (To purchase this you need a Token of Flight)
- Devil’s Due BKR(Ship) – “A refurbished blockade runner, customized with Fallen House of Winter’s Sigil, given as a trophy to those who brave the Prison of Elders” (To purchase this you need a Token of Flight) (Literally the same wording)
House of Judgement Rank 3
- Kingswinford(Shader) – (To buy this you need a Token of Identity)
Disciple of Osiris
- Trials Rewards – Stone Tier(Rare) – Trials participants earn the right to Stone Tier prizes (You need two wins on a single Trials Passage)
Trials of Osiris Supplies
- The flavor of Osiris(Consumable) – You have been granted a Favoc, you will start the Trials with a win already awarded. (You’ll need 3 Passage Coins to acquire this)
- The Mercy of Osiris(Consumable) – You have been granted Mercy. Your first loss in the Trials will be forgiven. (You’ll need 3 Passage Coins to acquire this)
- Boon of Osiris(Consumable) – You have been granted a Boon; winning your first Trial match will count as two. (You’ll need 3 Passage Coins to acquire this
New House of Wolves Gear-Armor
Destiny Nugget: You will be able to ascend your old Raid gear with an upgrade
New Monarchy Gear
- Faceless Demise(Warlock Bond)
- Elector’s Boots(Warlock) – Carry more ammo for Scout Rifles
- Elector’s Gloves(Warlock) – Increase reload speed for Auto Rifles – Increase grenade throw distance
- Elector’s Robes(Warlock) – Carry more ammo for Sniper and Pulse Rifle
- Elector’s Hood(Warlock) – Melee hits regenerate grenade energy – More superpower from grenade kills
The Guardians have grown strong, and now the Queen of the Awoken has called upon them to hunt down the House of Wolves, Fallen subjects once loyal to the Queen before their violent rebellion. Meet with the Queen’s emissaries at Vestian Outpost in the Reef. Hunt down their Fallen betrayers and earn great rewards.
Well, this covers just about everything we know this point. We hope to bring you a more detailed update with Destiny and the House of Wolves and the Reef with the next big Reveal. Stay tuned, and please feel free to share your thoughts here or within our forums. We hope to hear from you.