Same Brain Podcast Meets Xbox VP of Gaming Phil Spencer
Since in its eighth episode, the Same Brain Podcast podcast featured an extraordinary guest. Amazingly, this particular guest was the podcast’s first guest ever. The Same Brain duo indeed scored a great first guest, allowing their social media followers a unique glimpse into some very cool Video Game Industry info.
The Same Brain Podcast’s special guest today was none other than Executive Vice-President of Gaming for Microsoft Corp, Phil Spencer. Mr. Spencer joins the Same Brain podcast to promote the Xbox Games Showcase event held earlier that day.
The Same Brain Podcast interview with Xbox’s Phil Spencer
Topics discussed during the Phil Spencer interview.
- The Xbox X Series console will support the Xbox Adaptive Controller.
- xCloud was mentioned but to no extent
- Halo Infinite for Holiday 2020 launched on the Xbox Game Pass platform.
- Halo Infinite will support 120 FPS on the Xbox X Series console.
- “Halo Multiplayer will be discussed very soon.” Gamer Ninja assumes this will be the focus of the announcement coming in August Phil referred to.
- Xbox Games Showcase
- The announcement of Fable the game coming to Xbox’s Game Pass.
- Phil Spencer is surprised at how much attention Fable has been getting since it was announced it would be coming to Xbox’s Game Pass.
- Phil also mentioned Xbox Live seeing upwards of 270 million friend connections on its platform since the COVID-19 Stay-at-Home order first went into place back in March of 2020.
- iJustine “really” loves Halo
- Phil Spencer discussed his love for Destiny 2 and how his Destiny 2 Titan character was current at
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps will support 120 FPS on the Xbox X Series console.
- Dirt 5 will support 120 FPS on the Xbox X Series console.
- The future of backward compatibility and higher frame rates sound very good. Phil praised the work his “Back Compat” team has been doing with the higher frame rates of the Xbox X Servies console and older generation console games.
- Respecting a gamer’s previous investment in Xbox and it’s older consoles is one of Microsoft’s top priorities. Phil also mentioned how rare it is for games and accessories from an older generation console to work with the latest generation consoles.
Who is the Same Brain Podcast Series?
The Same Brain podcast series is comprised of YouTube Influencers iJustine and ItsMeJennae. The dual influencer team both have sizable followings on YouTube and Instagram, and feature videos and content ranging from technology to cooking.
Phil Spencer “Our Friends at Sony”
Phil’s friendish demeanor when discussing two of Microsoft’s heavily rivaled competitors seemed slightly different since this was a promotional piece for Xbox’s products and services. For a brief moment, it even seemed downright odd, the same as it would if a Chevy executive mentioned Ford during a Chevy TV commercial. However, Phil discussing Sony, even Nintendo, in a positive light does make perfect, though. As some may recall, Microsoft did officially win the console wars last year in 2019.
Last year, Sony all but admitted defeat in the console battle when they decided to form a partnership with Microsoft to keep the future of its cloud-based gaming efforts afloat. It was reported that Sony turned down sizable offers from other major Cloud computing software providers to partner exclusively with Microsoft. During May of last year, Microsoft and Sony went public about their partnership. Microsoft’s Chief Executive Officer Satya Nadella and Sony Corporation CEO Kenichiro Yoshida were photographed shaking hands, which Microsoft considered a groundbreaking moment in its companies history.