Season of the Drifter is Destiny 2’s sixth and final season of the Annual Pass within year two.
Bungie has one last trick up there sleeve, and it’s called “Season of the Drifter.” The Season of the Drifter is surrounded by the Destiny 2, year two game mode called Gambit. The Season of the Drifter the Season of Gambit.
Will Season of the Drifter, or previously known as “Joker’s Wild,” have such twists as Black Armory had with Niobe Labs and Bergusia forge?
Season of the Drifter has four main parts.
- Gambit Prime
- The Reckoning
- New Armor and Weapons
- Timed Release Based Content, Including More Exotic Weapons and Armor
It has been a few months since Bungie released anything “exotic.” The latest exotic gear to be released with the Exotic Sniper rifle, Izanagi’s burden.
Let’s not forget the toughest emblem quest ever in the history of Destiny.
No matter what Bungie brings to the Destiny 2 dinner table, it is sure to bring hours of entertainment to the masses and much-anticipated, much also needed, content the Destiny community has been patiently waiting for.
All the new Season of the Drifter sections of content seem to be connected to endgame loot, I.E., weapons, and gear at the max light level.
The all-new Gambit game mode where players choose a specific role and unlock new armor sets with exclusive perks exclusive to the armor set.
The Gambit Prime new Guardian roles are
- Ad clearing and considerable boss clearing abilities
- Stealthy mote thief that tracks enemy players.
- Deposits blockers and collects motes.
- Protects the bank of motes and targets invaders.
A new PVE horde mode style adventure that is traced back the “The Nine.” This addition to Destiny 2 allows the ability to expand on the lore behind the game.
New Weapons and Gear
There have been over twenty new gear pieces and weapons released. It appears to be all weapons besides a new rocket launcher. The Season of the Drifter weapons surely has a “Gambit” style look to them. The same can be said about the latest gear. Dark browns and earthy tones adorn the new weapons and armor lineup.
Season of the Drifter Release Schedule Timeline
March 5th, 2019
- Gambit Prime and Reckoning Tier 1
- Gambit Prime on New Arcadia
- Private Matches for Gambit
March 8th, 2019
- Reckoning Tier 2
March 12th, 2019
- Thorn Quest, Allegiance Quest
- Gambit Prime on Deep Six
March 15th, 2015 (Offical start to Season of the Drifter)
- Invitations of the Nine and Reckoning Tier 3
March 19th, 2019
- Gambit Prime on Legion’s Folly
March 26th, 2019
- Gambit Prime on Emerald Coast
April 2nd, 2019
- Gambit Prime on Legion’s Folly
April 9th, 2019
- Arc Week (Free to All Players)
April 16th through May 6th, 2019
- The Revelry (Free to All Players)
Timed Release Based Content
- New Power Surge bounties will be included in the Season of the Drifter. News bounties provided by the Drifter that drop at the max light level.
- Iron Banner, of course, returns, and Bungie promises to bring new weapons along with it.
- New Exotic weapons and armor have been promised. Most notably, the return of the hand cannon from year one called the Thorns.
- The Pinnacle weapons and gear will be found via questline, much the same as Redrix’s Broadsword and Not Forgotten were during seasons four and five.
Learn more about Destiny 2 in our Destiny the Game Wiki
Find out more about Season of the Drifter here at Gamer.ninja
Check back with Gamer.ninja for the latest news and updates on the Season of the Drifter.